- The materials contained on Trans-americas.com, are provided “as is” for general information purposes only and do not claim to be or constitute legal or other professional advice. The information shall not be relied upon as such and the Trans-americas.com makes no warranties, express or implied, about the contents of the site. Trans-americas.com does not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from accessing or relying on the information on this website. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability for loss or damages direct or indirect arising from the use of Trans-americas.com.
- Eric Mohl and Karen Catchpole are the owners of all intellectual property for all materials published on Trans-americas.com. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. No materials contained on Trans-americas.com may be downloaded or used for commercial purposes without obtaining a license to do so from Eric Mohl or Karen Catchpole.
- All images appearing on Trans-americas.com are the exclusive property of Eric Mohl and are protected under international copyright laws. The images on Trans-americas.com may not be reproduced, modified, copied, transmitted, or manipulated without the written permission of Eric Mohl, except as permitted under the doctrine of fair use.
- Any of the material on Trans-americas.com may be out of date at any given time, and Trans-americas.com is under no obligation to update such material but will use reasonable efforts to ensure that information is updated, accurate and relevant.
- You accept full responsibility for the consequences of your use, or non-use, of any information provided, and you agree to use your own judgment and due diligence before implementing any idea, suggestion, or recommendation from Eric Mohl, Karen Catchpole, or Trans-americas.com to your life, family or business.
- Eric Mohl, Karen Catchpole, or Trans-americas.com will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus attack on Trans-americas.com or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data, or other proprietary material due to your use of Trans-americas.com or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
- You fully agree that there are no guarantees as to the specific outcome or results you can expect from using the information you receive from Trans-americas.com. You understand that suggestions or recommendations made are taken at your own risk, and you agree to absolve Eric Mohl and Karen Catchpole of any liability or loss that you or any other person may incur from the use of the information, products, or materials that you request or receive through us or on Trans-Americas.com. The information displayed on the Site is provided without any guarantees, conditions, or warranties regarding its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us, hereby expressly exclude any liability for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for: (a) loss of revenue or income; (b) loss of business; (c) loss of anticipated savings; (d) loss of data; (e) loss of goodwill.
- Where Trans-americas.com contains outbound links to other third-party websites, these are intended for information only. Trans-americas.com has no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from their use of them.
Trans-Americas.com is owned and operated by Eric Mohl and Karen Catchpole. If you have any concerns about material that appears on the site please contact us via the contact page.
Eric Mohl and Karen Catchpole are the owners and operators of Trans-americas.com, and as an internet-based entity, respect and recognize the importance of your privacy rights. You can access and browse Trans-americas.com without disclosing any of your personal data. This Website does not collect personal information about individuals, such as names and mailing or email addresses unless it is knowingly provided by the individual and that person has agreed to the terms under which Company will use it.
This policy explains how we collect, use, retain and disclose the personal information that you provide us through Trans-americas.com, or through the course of our other dealings with you.
In addition, please note that your personal information may be processed in the country in which it was collected, and in other countries including the United States, where laws regarding the processing of personal information may be less stringent than in other countries.
“Personal Information” for the purposes of privacy law is information about an identifiable individual, such as their name, address, telephone number, and email address. Personal Information does not include aggregated information that is anonymous, such as the type of browser you are using, or other non-personally identifiable information.
What happens to your information?
When you browse Trans-americas.com, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system. If you are interested in subscribing to the Trans-americas.com newsletter, we will collect your name and email address.
How do we collect, use, protect, and disclose your Personal Information?
Trans-americas.com requires your consent to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions in law.
We typically collect your Personal Information when you:
- Subscribe to our Newsletter (opt-in): Your name and email address
- Comments: Your name, email address, and comment. Please note that by posting a comment on this site, you consent to the posting of any personal information that you provide. You should be aware that such personal information can be read, collected, or used by other visitors to these public areas. We have no control over how these visitors use your personal information.
- Submit an inquiry via the contact page.
We may use your Personal Information to send you our monthly newsletters; to conduct or administer contests or other promotions in which you have participated; respond to inquiries that you make through the site; to receive feedback and make improvements to the site; and to maintain a database of client information. In accordance with applicable anti-spam laws, we will only use your Personal Information for marketing purposes with your prior consent. If you subscribed to our Trans-americas.com newsletters and no longer wish to receive them, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in our emails. If you have any questions or concerns about your unsubscribe request, you may contact us via the contact page.
Trans-americas.com has a number of policies and procedures in place to protect your Personal Information, including physical procedures such as locks; administrative procedures such as contractual obligations by our third parties who may manage your Personal Information; and technological safeguards including the use of passwords, secured servers, subscriptions with website monitoring and security firms, and firewalls. Only individuals who are involved in the administration of our operations have access to your Personal Information and they have been provided with the requisite training on our Privacy Policies. Despite our best efforts, Internet or wireless transmissions are never completely private or secure. In that respect, you hereby acknowledge and accept the potential risk of inadvertent disclosure due to any such disclosure beyond our reasonable control. In addition, please note some of our service providers may be located in countries where authorized government officials may lawfully be able to access your Personal Information without your knowledge or consent pursuant to the laws of such countries.
Privacy of Minors
Trans-americas.com recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy interests of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. The Site is not intended for children under the age of majority in their country of residence and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors.
Questions or corrections
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us via the contact page.
Amazon & Booking.com Affiliates Disclosure
Trans-americas.com participates in the Amazon Services LLC and Booking.com Associates Programs. These are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn a commission by linking to Amazon.com or Booking.com. This means that whenever you buy a product on Amazon.com, or book a hotel on Booking.com from a link on Trans-americas.com, we receive a small percentage of its price as a commission. This helps pay for the hosting and other fees associated with running Trans-americas.com as an ad-free space, and is greatly appreciated!
Advertising (as in there isn’t any!)
A promise to our readers:
- To make our reader’s experience more enjoyable we don’t accept any advertising. There are no annoying banner ads, pop-up ads, etc., to ruin your experience ANYWHERE on Trans-america.com.
- We don’t accept any sponsored posts, guest posts, or sponsored links, a very common practice on similar websites. All of the content on Trans-americas.com is our own, based on our personal experience.
- As mentioned above, we do make small commissions via Amazon and Booking.com affiliate links, by linking to these sites ONLY when relevant and beneficial to our readers.
Disclosure: We do occasionally accept free, or discounted travel, accommodations, meals, or products. However, this does not impact how we write about these experiences on Trans-americas.com. Free, discounted, or paid for, we are not beholden to anyone. All opinions are our own and we only recommend or link to products and services that we genuinely recommend. We will always give you our honest and authentic impressions.