This post is part 19 of 20 in the series Galapagos Islands Travel Guide
When people travel to the Galapagos Islands in Ecuador, which was designated a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1978, they assume they’re going to get great photos of wildlife–we took thousands of pictures of animals (which we kindly edited down to this 24 shot selection our best shots of wildlife in the Galapagos Islands). But even when there are no critters in sight, the epic sunsets and sunrises and the only-in-the-Galapagos landscapes will keep your camera busy.
Sunsets and landscapes of the Galapagos Islands
Galapagos travel tips
- Part 1 in our Galapagos Islands Travel Guide series gives you the facts you need to plan your trip to the Galapagos Islands.
- Part 2 is our Santa Cruz Island Travel Guide including what to do and where to sleep on this tourist hub island.
- Part 3 tells you what to expect during boat trips to landings around Santa Cruz Island.
- Part 4 covers highlights from North Seymour, South Plaza, and Daphne Islands.
- Part 5 is our San Cristóbal Island Travel Guide.
- Part 6 covers what to expect during boat trips to Cerro Brujo, Punta Pitt, and Kicker Rock around San Cristóbal.
- Part 7 reveals highlights of visiting Santa Fe Island.
- Part 8 tells you what to expect on Genovesa Island.
- Part 9 gives you travel highlights from Fernandina Island.
- Part 10 helps you explore Isabela Island.
- Part 11 takes you around Santiago Island.
- Part 12 tells you what to expect on Floreana Island.
- Part 13 reveals what makes Española Island so special.
- Part 14 tells you how to take the best travel photos in the Galapagos.
- Part 15 brings you all the adventure of SCUBA diving in the Galapagos Islands.
- Part 16 help you pack like a pro for the Galapagos.
- Part 17 delivers answers to 5 top Galapagos travel questions.
- Part 18 reveals our favorite shots of wildlife in the Galapagos.
Here’s more about travel in Ecuador
Here’s more about Island Travel
Here’s more about Galapagos Travel
See all of our Photo Essays
This set of photos is fantastic! Mother Nature at its best!
With all the (well-deserved) hype about the animals, it’s easy to forget that the Galapagos is such a visually stunning place out in the middle of the South Pacific … amazing shots!
Nice pictures you have here! thank you so much for sharing this. Just by looking at it I can feel amazed by the wonders of nature.
Beautiful photos of the Galapagos Islands! The last one with the sunset is my favourite.